Chief Operations Officer
Leading the company through a 5x growth in revenue after the acquisition of six data centers in 2020. Striving for and achieving operational excellence in all areas of the organization including finance, human resources, data center management, technology, and our amazing service desk.
Colorectal Cancer Alliance
VP of Data Intelligence & Technology
I led the technology team with a strong focus on interconnecting systems, turning data into knowledge, measuring impact and creating the best possible user experience for our teams and our community. I work very closely with Marketing & Communications, Programs, and Development daily to help this organization achieve the organization’s very ambitious goals.
Chief Technology and Compliance Officer
AISN is a Virginia SWaM-certified leader in enabling cloud technologies, information security and risk management, managed services, and award-winning application development with a wide footprint in Virginia government as well as large corporations across North America.
Director of Engineering
- Manage Salesforce and Web Development teams.
- Responsible for establishing strategic vision and leading all aspects of technological development.
- Lead Discovery and Business Analysis project phase.
- Solution architecture including Salesforce integrations with websites, third-party applications and services.
- Infrastructure migration from RackSpace to Amazon Web Services.
- Write proposals, implementation plans, and white papers.
Geek @ Heart
Business / Technology / Compliance Consulting
Provide consulting services to Small and Medium Sized Enterprises with a focus on the implementation of appropriate technological, communications and process improvements designed to increase end-user productivity, provide business intelligence, and improve customer satisfaction.
Client – AIS Network
High security, high compliance cloud hosting and managed/professional services.
- Design and implement virtualization platforms using VMWare and Hyper-V.
- High-security private, hybrid and public cloud solutions for commercial and state government clients.
- Disaster Recovery solutions to meet stringent RPO/RTO service level agreements.
- Project manager and technical lead on complex website/data/application migrations into cloud solutions.
- Organizational FISMA, SSAE-16, HIPAA, and PCI-DSS compliance and yearly audit responses.
- Write proposals for commercial and state government RFPs including cost details, statements of work, and required exhibits.
Client – Intelishift Technologies
Tier 3/4 Data center solutions, collocation, cloud hosting and managed services.
- VMWare cloud solutions for large-scale data center private sector and government clients.
- Creation of product and service offerings targeting government and enterprise clients.
- Strategic architectural design, expansion planning and capacity planning.
Client – ACT
Allied health training and certifications.
- vCIO/vCTO role for 7 years.
- Reduced infrastructure costs by 40%.
- Strategic adviser on technology, business development, marketing and communications.
- Achieved 99.99% uptime for Active Directory, Exchange, Student Information System, and computer labs with Virtual Desktop solutions.
- Increased weekly call volume 100% by designing new targeted marketing strategies that aligned across all mediums.
Client – Hisaoka Public Relations
Public relations, marketing consulting and strategy.
- Advised leadership regarding technology strategy.
- Provided assessments to guide company in technology purchasing.
- Provided ongoing systems support for servers and storage.
Treman Falls Productions
CREATING REALITY PROGRAMMING AIMED AT HAVING A POSITIVE SOCIAL IMPACT. CONCEPTUALIZED AND PITCHED RALLY!, A SHOW DEDICATED TO CHANGING LIVES AND COMMUNITIES ONE SCHOOL AT A TIME.
- Awarded 2nd place in pitching contest at NATPE 2009.
- Pitched show to senior decision makers in reality television for ABC, CBS & FOX.
- Pitched to many 2nd tier players such as Discovery, NatGeo, Scripps.
Director of Network Services
MANAGED IT SOLUTIONS, CLOUD SERVICES, AND CONSULTING FOR ASSOCIATIONS, LAW FIRMS AND SMALL-MEDIUM SIZED BUSINESSES.
- Manage Network Engineering team.
- Specialized in the acquisition, optimization, and standardization of new client networks.
- Project manager and Technical Architect on complex network upgrades and migrations.
- Sales Engineer in presentations to key potential customers.
Director of Core Networks
- A Loral Space and Communications Company
- Senior engineer in the design, security, testing and documentation of the ClearStream hybrid satellite / terrestrial data delivery systems.
- Directed vendor changes resulting in a $250,000 savings in the CORE Network.
- Sales engineer in presenting new technology product offerings to key potential customers such as Lloyd’s TSB, MCI Worldcom and NASDAQ.
- Lead writer for white papers, sales technical sheets and product documentation.
Manager of Information Systems
- Reported directly to Chief Operations Officer.
- Granted full business authority to manage worldwide engineering team and repair failing systems.
- Re-negotiated European consultant contracts resulting in net savings of $330,000/year.
- Worldwide server consolidation project to reduce the global hardware footprint.
- Implemented storage area network solutions and designed migration plans for internal data pools.
The Strand Cybercafé
Founder / Owner
A CLASSICALLY INSPIRED CYBERCAFÉ LOCATED ON THE INNER HARBOR IN BALTIMORE, MARYLAND.
- Named one of the top ten Cybercafés in the United States by USA Today.
- Profitable after one year with exceptional industry margins.
- Press coverage: USA Today, Baltimore Sun, Baltimore Business Journal and Style Magazine.
- Pioneered online catering order system via company website using Cold Fusion.
- Wrote full business plan with industry analysis, design abstracts and financial projections.
- Strategic growth planning and technology partnership cultivation including AOL and Microsoft.
- Responsible for all aspects of operations and accounting.