Colorectal Cancer Alliance
2019 – Present
VP of Data Intelligence & Technology
- All things data and analytics.
- All things technology.
2018 – 2019
Chief Technology and Compliance Officer
- All things technology and compliance.
2014 – 2018
Director of Engineering
- Manage Salesforce and Web Development teams.
- Responsible for establishing strategic vision and leading all aspects of technological development.
- Lead Discovery and Business Analysis project phase.
- Solution architecture including Salesforce integrations with websites, third-party applications and services.
- Infrastructure migration from RackSpace to Amazon Web Services.
- Write proposals, implementation plans, and white papers.
2004 – Present
Business / Technology / Compliance
Provide consulting services to Small and Medium Sized Enterprises with a focus on the implementation of appropriate technological, communications and process improvements designed to increase end-user productivity, provide business intelligence, and improve customer satisfaction.
Client – AIS Network
High security, high compliance cloud hosting and managed/professional services.
- Design and implement virtualization platforms using VMWare and Hyper-V.
- High-security private, hybrid and public cloud solutions for commercial and state government clients.
- Disaster Recovery solutions to meet stringent RPO/RTO service level agreements.
- Project manager and technical lead on complex website/data/application migrations into cloud solutions.
- Organizational FISMA, SSAE-16, HIPAA, and PCI-DSS compliance and yearly audit responses.
- Write proposals for commercial and state government RFPs including cost details, statements of work, and required exhibits.
Client – Intelishift Technologies
Tier 3/4 Data center solutions, collocation, cloud hosting and managed services.
- VMWare cloud solutions for large-scale data center private sector and government clients.
- Creation of product and service offerings targeting government and enterprise clients.
- Strategic architectural design, expansion planning and capacity planning.
Client – ACT
Allied health training and certifications.
- vCIO/vCTO role for 7 years.
- Reduced infrastructure costs by 40%.
- Strategic adviser on technology, business development, marketing and communications.
- Achieved 99.99% uptime for Active Directory, Exchange, Student Information System, and computer labs with Virtual Desktop solutions.
- Increased weekly call volume 100% by designing new targeted marketing strategies that aligned across all mediums.
Client – Hisaoka Public Relations
Public relations, marketing consulting and strategy.
- Advised leadership regarding technology strategy.
- Provided assessments to guide company in technology purchasing.
- Provided ongoing systems support for servers and storage.
Treman Falls Productions
2005 – 2010
Creating reality programming aimed at having a positive social impact. Conceptualized and pitched RALLY!, a show dedicated to changing lives and communities one school at a time.
- Awarded 2nd place in pitching contest at NATPE 2009.
- Pitched show to senior decision makers in reality television for ABC, CBS & FOX.
- Pitched to many 2nd tier players such as Discovery, NatGeo, Scripps.
2003 – 2004
Director of Network Services
Managed IT solutions, cloud services, and consulting for Associations, Law Firms and Small-Medium sized businesses.
- Manage Network Engineering team.
- Specialized in the acquisition, optimization, and standardization of new client networks.
- Project manager and Technical Architect on complex network upgrades and migrations.
- Sales Engineer in presentations to key potential customers.
1999 – 2003
Director of Core Networks
- Senior engineer in the design, security, testing and documentation of the ClearStream hybrid satellite / terrestrial data delivery systems.
- Directed vendor changes resulting in a $250,000 savings in the CORE Network.
- Sales engineer in presenting new technology product offerings to key potential customers such as Lloyd’s TSB, MCI Worldcom and NASDAQ.
- Lead writer for white papers, sales technical sheets and product documentation.
Manager of Information Systems
- Reported directly to Chief Operations Officer.
- Granted full business authority to manage worldwide engineering team and repair failing systems.
- Re-negotiated European consultant contracts resulting in net savings of $330,000/year.
- Worldwide server consolidation project to reduce the global hardware footprint.
- Implemented storage area network solutions and designed migration plans for internal data pools.
The Strand Cybercafé
1995 – 1999
Founder / Owner
A classically inspired Cybercafé located on the Inner Harbor in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Named one of the top ten Cybercafés in the United States by USA Today.
- Profitable after one year with exceptional industry margins.
- Press coverage: USA Today, Baltimore Sun, Baltimore Business Journal and Style Magazine.
- Pioneered online catering order system via company website using Cold Fusion.
- Wrote full business plan with industry analysis, design abstracts and financial projections.
- Strategic growth planning and technology partnership cultivation including AOL and Microsoft.
- Responsible for all aspects of operations and accounting.